Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Welcome

My boot on the famed circle at the Grand Ole Opry
Howdy!  Welcome to my site, Keep It Country Kids.  This site is a tribute to my love of country music.  I will offer my opinions on singles, albums, tours, award shows, and other basic country music news.  I have a wide variety of tastes.  I am a traditionalist when it comes to country music.  I am most happy when listening to a mix of 40's-70's country, Jimmie Rodgers, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette, George Jones, Kitty Wells, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Left Frizzell, Buck Owens, Conway Twitty, and of course, Waylon Jennings.  Country music is built on these men and women, and should continue along the paths they forged.  However, I also understand the changing culture of music and enjoy some of the new top 40 artist, who are wonderful in their own right.  I appreciate modern singers who take risks and push country forward, but respect the sound and the art form of traditional country.  Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert, Chris Young, Jamey Johnson, Zac Brown Band, and of course, Alan Jackson and George Strait are fine members of the country music world and keep the torch burning.  Underground and XXX artists are on my radar as well, people like J.B. Beverley, The Turnpike Troubadours, Blackberry Smoke, Hank III, and Shooter Jennings push country's boundaries to new and exciting places.  I think my unique stance of appreciating top 40 and traditional/underground offers a new perspective, not simply if its mainstream it sucks, or if it isn't on radio it sucks, but a open door to all country has to offer.  I hope you enjoy my insight into the country music world.  Keep it country, kids!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment